Established in 2015, the Presidents Society honors those individual donors who step forward as philanthropic leaders for Roanoke College.
Members play a vital role in ensuring that the College continues to thrive and grow each year. These individuals through their generosity, help to ensure the Roanoke margin of excellence, now and into the future. Presidents Society members include individual donors who have made cumulative outright and irrevocable gifts to the College $100,000 and more.
Charter members will be inducted into the Presidents Society in October 2015. New members will be inducted annually in October in conjunction with the fall Board of Trustees meeting.
Presidents Society membership levels include:
- Oberly level - named after president Dr. H. Sherman Oberly
Cumulative gifts of $100,000-$249,000
- Smith level - named after president Dr. Charles J. Smith
Cumulative gifts of $250,000-$499,000
- Morehead level - named after president John Alfred Morehead
Cumulative gifts of $500,000-$999,000
- Dreher level - named after president Julius Daniel Dreher
Cumulative gifts of $1,000,000-$4,999,000
- Bittle level - named after president David F. Bittle
Cumulative gifts of $5,000,000 and more