Director of International Education
Roanoke College seeks a Director of International Education who has the skills and experience to enhance and expand the College’s international education initiatives. Major responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership in developing a shared vision for enhanced international study and global awareness programs; working collaboratively with academic and administrative units to implement that vision.
- Overseeing all responsibilities of the International Education office, including education abroad, international student and scholar services, and international education programming; managing budget, staff, and all office activities.
- Developing, evaluating, assessing, and enhancing international study opportunities with the goal of increasing the percentage of graduates who have one or more international experiences.
- Developing policies and procedures for study abroad exchanges, affiliations, and faculty-led programs; coordinating safety and risk management policies for education abroad programs.
- Articulating the goals and benefits of international education to all campus constituencies and advocating for international education within the administration.
- Working with senior leadership to develop funding support, including endowments and financial aid, for education abroad.
A minimum of a master’s degree is required, with a record of progressively responsible experience working with international education programs in higher education. The successful candidate will have strong visioning and strategic planning abilities; success in international program creation, development and implementation; strong managerial and administrative skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; and the ability to interact effectively with a broad range of constituents, including faculty, staff, students, parents, and overseas partners. Experience living or studying abroad and proficiency in a second language are preferred and teaching and scholarly accomplishments are pluses.
Roanoke College is a private, liberal arts college of 2,000 students, which hosts a Phi Beta Kappa chapter and was recently ranked by U.S. News as one of the top five “up and coming” national liberal arts colleges. The College has experienced steady growth over the past two decades and is financially stable and strong. It is located in Salem, VA, an attractive small city in the Roanoke metropolitan area. With a population of 200,000, the metropolitan area is western Virginia's cultural, business, medical, and outdoor recreation center. Mountain views surround the campus and the Blue Ridge Parkway and Appalachian Trail are nearby.
Letters of interest should be submitted with resume and names of three references by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin on March 1 and continue until the position is filled. Roanoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
January 31, 2013
March 1, 2013
« Back to Job Listings