Internet Communications Manager (TEMP)
The Internet Communications Manager plays a key role in promoting Roanoke College through electronic and emerging media. Manage and execute projects such as new web pages, email marketing, Internet advertising, and web videos as well as manage the college’s presence on social media platforms. Strong project management skills are a must. Experience working with a CMS, HTML, web analytics, Adobe Creative Suite, and a strong understanding of social media marketing are desired. This is a temporary position for 2-6 months.
The Internet Communications Manager plays a key role in developing a consistent image for the College and increasing the College’s visibility through electronic and emerging media.
- Assist Admissions, Resource Development and other offices in planning their electronic communication strategies and tactics.
- Work with director of marketing to ensure that institutional positioning, key messages, branding and graphic standards are represented consistently across electronic media.
- Manage and execute external Web site projects such as new pages and revisions using the College’s content management system. Prioritize and assign tasks to student workers as appropriate. Consult with graphic designer on aesthetics as necessary.
- Provide expertise and manage College’s social media presence across platforms, including frequent posts.
- Provide project management for various electronic communications projects such as video production, microsite development, advertising, and others.
- Provide expertise on mass e-mail projects, creating custom HTML-based emails when necessary. Apply best practices of direct marketing to elicit a specific response when necessary. Track and report results of campaigns.
- Work with the Web Administrator to resolve technical issues that arise including working around the limitations of the content management system.
- Work with the Web Administrator to search for emerging trends in electronic media, looking for innovative new vehicles that may meet institutional or departmental goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of direct marketing tactics and best practices
- Basic understanding of positioning and branding
- Ability to use Dreamweaver and Photoshop
- Ability to code with HTML
- Experience working with content management systems, email delivery platforms, web analytics, and social media
- Customer service and/or account management skills or experience
- Ability to write and edit preferred
To apply submit by email cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 4, 2013
September 29, 2013
« Back to Job Listings