· Campus Safety Office – 375-2310
· Salem Police, Fire and Rescue – 911
· Pull Fire Alarm and Call 911
· Evacuate the building using closest exit.
· Help others to evacuate.
· Do not use elevators
· Do not return to the building until all clear is given by Campus Safety or Fire Department.
· Contact Campus Safety - extension 2310
· Give name, location, describe emergency, and number of people injured
· Stay on the phone.
· Contact 911 if injury or illness appears immediately life threatening.
· Stay on the phone
· Follow instructions received by Maroon Alert system.
· Check e-mail, local media outlets, and RC web page for campus status.
· Seek safe shelter indoors.
· Shelter in place away from windows.
· If time permits go to the lowest level of building away from windows.
Suspicious Person / Activity
Contact Campus Safety Immediately at
· Give description of suspicious person.
· Give location or direction of travel of person.
· Stay on the phone with Campus Safety staff.
· Contact 911 / Campus Safety - 2310
· Follow instructions received by Maroon Alert.
· You will be notified whether to seek safe shelter in place or to evacuate.
Seeking Safe Shelter in your classroom, office, or room - Securing the area.
· Lock or barricade doors.
· Turn off lights.
· Close blinds / block windows.
· Turn off radios, TVs, and computer monitors.
· Keep occupants calm, quiet and out of sight.
Keep yourself out of sight and take adequate protection / cover i.e. desks,
· Silence cell phone ringers
Un-Securing an Area
· Consider risks before un-securing rooms.
· Attempts to rescue people should only be attempted if it can be done without further endangering persons in a secure area.
· If doubt exists for the safety of people inside a secure room, the area should remain secure.
Follow instructions of police, Campus Safety
What to Report to Authorities
Your specific location – Building name and
· Number of people at your location.
Injuries – number of injured and types of