The Student Organization and Leadership Award ceremony was held on Sunday to recognize and honor outstanding student leaders and organizations for their efforts over the course of the 2016-2017 school year.
"We're proud of all our student, staff and student organization winners,” said Greg Hanlon. “We appreciate the service and commitment of our student leaders. This was a very busy year with everything going on in the world and in the political arena and our students and student organizations were very engaged throughout the year. We have so many excellent student leaders involved in co-curricular activities and this is a way to honor the best of the best."
- Leader of the Year – Olivia Lee ’17 won this award for her leadership position in the Historical Society.
- Emerging Leader of the Year – Ben Vester ‘20 won for his outstanding leadership skills in the Fishwick Debate Society, Student Government, and Students for Equality club.
- Student Employee of the Year – Sophie Youtz ’17 was recognized with the award for all of her work in Campus Recreation.
- Organization of the Year – WRKE won this award for its outstanding news, information, and musical programming.
- Program of the Year – the Campus Activities Board won the award for the hugely successful Waka Flocka Flame campus concert in the fall.
- Greek Chapter of the Year – Chi Omega won the award out of all of the College’s fraternities and sororities.
- Advisor of the Year – Dr. Holly Jordan, advisor for the Model U.N. Club, won this award.
Student Leaders and Organizations
Olivia Lee '17, winner of the Leader of the Year award, photographed with Greg Hanlon.
Ben Vester '20, winner of the Emerging Leader of the Year award.
Sophie Youtz '17, winner of the Student Employee of the Year award.
WRKE won the Organization of the Year award.
The Campus Activities Board won the Program of the Year award for their Waka Flocka Flame concert.
Chi Omega won Greek Chapter of the Year.
Dr. Holly Jordan, winner of the Advisor of the Year award.