Through Roanoke College's Scholarship Competition, Roanoke College supports students of superior academic and leadership ability. Scholarship Competition awards.
To be considered for these scholarships, you must complete the Scholarship Competition application and be a prospective college freshman seeking first-time fall enrollment. You must also be accepted to the College prior to the competition. Students with at least a 3.2 cumulative grade point average in a rigorous academic curriculum should consider applying for the Scholarship Competition.
Instructions & Dates
- The 2017-2018 competition dates: November 3, November 10, November 17, November 20, December 1, January 19, January 26, February 2, and February 5.
- Applicants must be prospective college freshmen seeking full-time enrollment for the first-time in the fall semester.
- Students must submit the admissions application prior to the competition. Official high school transcripts and SAT and/or ACT scores must be submitted as soon as possible.
- Applications and invitations to participate in the Scholars Competition will be reviewed/sent on a rolling basis, with the final day to submit an application being December 15 for the winter competitions.
- In order to be considered for the Bittle, Bowman, Baughman, Dreher and Morehead Scholarships, semifinalists are required, with no exception, to participate on campus in one of the scheduled competitions.
Additional need-based financial aid may be available. You may contact the Admissions or Financial Aid Office for further information.