Global Engagement Fellows
As a Global Engagement Fellow, you will be part of a team of highly motivated students assisting the Roanoke International Office to facilitate cross-cultural understanding and cultivate a more globally-conscious campus community. You will participate in leadership, diversity and inclusion training, promote and advise students on study abroad opportunities,and plan and facilitate cross-cultural events and initiatives. Global engagement fellows will:
- Promote global engagement on campus
- Connect with international students and domestic students interested in studying abroad
- Gain marketing, promotion, and public speaking experience
- Develop leadership skills with the ability to train and mentor new staff
Global Engagement Fellows are required to attend monthly meetings throughout the semester that cover key foundational concepts in intercultural competence.
Fellows will work closely with the staff of the RIO to develop key leadership and facilitation competencies to lead campus-wide events and serve as mentors to fellow students.
Global Engagement Fellows demonstrating leadership abilities can apply for on-campus job opportunities such as:
- RIO Student Staff Positions
- SAS-E Peer Educator Positions
- Passion for diversity, inclusion and global understanding
- Creative/technical skills for promotion or event management
- Dependability, honesty, and go-with-the-flow attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Applying to the program begins with an online application.
If you are chosen as a finalist, you will interview with college staff and student mentors during a campus visit, as well as a $500 scholarship per academic year. As a Fellow, you will also have the opportunity to live in the Global Village Living Community. In this residential community, students have the opportunity to engage in a diverse community that is intentionally created so residents may live and learn in a cross-cultural environment.
The Global Engagement Fellowship is an opportunity to be part of a team of highly motivated students assisting the Roanoke College International Office to facilitate cross-cultural understanding and cultivate a more globally-conscious campus community.