IN CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER:
The Belk Fitness Center follows the college's Delayed Opening Schedule which can be found on the Registrar's webpage. If the college is closed due to inclement weather, then the Belk Fitness Center is closed.
Belk Fitness Center Regulations
Mandatory Face Covering Policy
We continue to work hard at maintaining a safe environment here in the Belk Fitness Center. We ask for your patience, your willingness to follow new procedures, and for your feedback as we work to improve your overall experience while limiting the spread of COVID-19.
#MaroonsTogether--we can protect our community. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We look forward to seeing you in the fitness center!
We’ve outlined some basic guidelines we ask you to follow as you pursue the exercise, recreation and wellness opportunities that are important to your health and well-being. By taking these precautions, together, we can ensure a safe experience for all of our members.
We expect that all members of the Maroon community will take responsibility for their own health and safety and act in a manner that demonstrates respect and consideration for those around them, consistent with the Maroon health pledge.
- All student, staff, faculty, and alumni participants/users are required to wear face coverings over the nose and mouth AT ALL TIMES in Bast, Cregger, and Belk Fitness Center facilities, this includes while exercising and when participating in programs.
- Members are asked to clean equipment BEFORE and AFTER use. FLEX Wipe cleaning stations are available near exercise equipment and other high traffic areas.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been added throughout the facilities.
- Equipment and high-touch surfaces will be sanitized continuously during operational hours and disinfected at the end of each business day.
- Electrostatic cleaning machines will be utilized during periodic cleaning blocks.
- We are operating with a maximum capacity of 35 patrons, on a first come, first served basis, in the Belk Fitness Center. (No guests allowed at this time.)
- The number of hours we are open has been reduced in order to properly clean and sanitize the equipment and fitness space throughout each day.
- Each patron will be screened at the front desk with a Non-Contact Infrared Temperature Scanner before scanning their ID. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher will not be admitted.
- Equipment and spaces have been modified to meet safe distancing measures.
- Please note various signage, floor markings and equipment modifications and respect these new measures.
- "Working In" on sets is not permitted in order to maintain 10-foot physical distancing and sanitization of equipment.
- According to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), people 65 years and older are at higher risk for getting a severe case of COVID-19, as well as people with certain underlying health conditions, like diabetes, heart or lung disease, or those who are immunosuppressed.
- Limit workouts 30-45 minutes.
- Get creative! Take your workout outside.
**These hours are subject to change based on staffing,
state guidelines, and the health and wellness of our community.**
Fall Semester 2021
September 1st - December 20th
Sunday: 11am - 9pm
Monday-Thursday: 6am - 10pm
Friday: 6am - 7pm
Saturday: 8am - 6pm
*These hours are subject to change based on staffing,
state guidelines, and the health and wellness of our community.*