Guidelines & Policy For Monterey Guest Rooms and Meeting Rooms
The college overnight guest rooms are located on the 2nd floor of Monterey. These rooms are available to provide overnight accommodations for designated visitors (e.g., alumni, visitors with a connection to the college), who are here on college business.
Pricing: Department Price Private Cost
Guest Room 1 (King with Private Bath) 90.00 120.00
Guest Room 2 (Queen) 80.00 100.00
The Sitting Room area between Rooms 1 and 2 is available for your use on a first-come, first-served basis with the reservation for Guest Room 1 or 2.
Guest Room 3 (Queen) 80.00 100.00
Guest Room 4 (Double) 50.00 75.00
Guest Room 5 (Queen with Private Bath) 80.00 110.00
All arrangements for use of the guest rooms and meeting rooms are to be made through the Colket Center Information Desk (extension 5125).
To request a guest room, you must complete a request form available from our office or you can access it on the Roanoke College web page at: https://forms.roanoke.edu/montereyhouse. To request a meeting room, use the Room and Facilities Request Form located on Inside Roanoke.
All rooms have internet access and televisions. Complimentary toiletries and hair dryers are provided. The Roanoke College needlepoint pillows and throws in the rooms are for your use during your stay. However, if you would like to bring home a souvenir of the College, you can purchase these items from the Campus Store. Roanoke College robes are provided as a courtesy for your comfort during your stay, however, they are not available for purchase.
Guests have full access and use of the kitchen, including the refrigerator for personal items. Complimentary coffee and tea is provided.
Monterey has an upstairs porch complete with furniture for guests. The downstairs front and side porches have rocking chairs and porch swings with views of the surrounding area.
No furniture should be moved in the meeting rooms. All meetings need to be finished and cleared by 9:00 pm for the comfort of the guests staying upstairs.
Check-out time is 10:00 a.m. and check-in time is 2:00 p.m., in order to allow time for cleaning of the rooms for the next guest. The housekeeper or sponsoring department can help guests store their luggage in a designated area should there be a need. A telephone extension (#5562) is located in the kitchen.
1. The guest and sponsoring department shall be held fully responsible for any damage either to the room, furniture or facility.
2. Roanoke College facilities are smoke-free environments. Guests are asked to assist Roanoke College in this attempt to maintain a healthier environment.
3. Unauthorized use of guest rooms is not permitted. Requestors need to reserve a room in advance through the Information Desk of the Colket Center.
4. Use of the Monterey Guest Rooms are open to all Roanoke College faculty, staff and alumni, depending upon availability and reason. Guest rooms are not normally used for non-college use.
5. Guest house keys should be returned to the Colket Center before 4:30 p.m. on the day of departure or left in the key drop-off box located outside Room #1 upstairs. Lost keys will result in the sponsor being billed $25.00 for each key (a total of $50.00).
6. Parties and unacceptable behavior in the guest rooms is not permitted. Only registered guests are permitted to stay in the rooms. All Roanoke College policies apply to guests.
7. Roanoke College is not responsible for any loss, injury, theft or damage that might occur.
8. Pets are not allowed to accompany guests during their stay in Monterey, except licensed Service Animals.