Professional Licensure Program (PLP)
We offer the PLP to Roanoke College alumni. Formal enrollment in the licensure program occurs when admitted to EDUC 330 and requires:
- one EDUC methods course
- 2.5 GPA overall and in major
- Education Department approval (requires 2 references)
- GPA in content courses may be augmented by Roanoke College coursework.
- No more than half of the student's Education courses may be transferred.
- EDUC 240 must be taken at Roanoke College.
- Only one of the transferred courses can be for EDUC 332, 321, 331, 342, 351, or 352.
- The Virginia Department of Education may require additional coursework to meet licensing requirements.