Technology at Roanoke College
Roanoke College provides cutting-edge technology to support and enhance living, learning, teaching, research, innovation, scholarship, productivity, business, and data management.
- High-speed wi-fi in residence halls and throughout campus
- Cable TV
- Helpdesk offers consulting and repair services for students, faculty, and staff
- High speed internet connection supports 2 gigabit per second
- Fast virtual blade servers provide file storage, web applications, and RCRC (Roanoke College Remote Computing) for students, faculty, and staff
- MyRoanoke portal - check email, register for classes, search the library catalog, pick up class assignments, view the dining menu, and more
- Inquire online system (Moodle) enables faculty to provide digital enhancements to class in one central location: assignments, documents, datasets, videos, lectures, audio files, quizzes, and more
- All classrooms have computers and A/V systems
- High-performance computing available for teaching, learning, and research
- TV studio and video editing center
- Computer and media tools available for loan
- 3D printing resources
- 18 computer labs provide a wide variety of academic and productivity software
To ensure a safe computing experience for students, faculty, and staff, Roanoke provides free antivirus software for work and personal computers, along with extensive systems-wide information security including a next-generation firewall and state-of-the-art spam filter. IT makes new versions of Windows and Microsoft Office available as they are released to help everyone keep up to date with the latest technology.
Students are often seen making use of the wireless network on the back quad on sunny days or collaborating with their laptops in the Library.