Roanoke in the Yucatan
The International Education Office is pleased to announce our latest initiative: Roanoke in the Yucatan. Thanks to special partnerships, we have developed a unique opportunity for study abroad, service learning, internships, and research in the Yucatan region of Mexico. There are three sites with residential and teaching facilities across the region: Merida, Kaxil Kiuic, and Oxkutzcab.
For more information about each site, visit Merida, Kaxil Kiuic, and Oxkutzcab.
Our signature program is a faculty-led semester program that we will launch in January 2017. Every spring semester, a group of Roanoke students will travel with a Roanoke faculty member to the Yucatan. Students will be engaged in coursework, cultural excursions, language immersion, and service projects.
- Students will receive 4.0 units of credit during this semester.
- This program is open to all majors.
- There is no language prerequisite.
- Standard Roanoke tuition, fees, room and board apply with an additional $1200 program fee. This includes tuition, room and board, airfare, and excursions.
- Regular financial aid will apply to these program costs.
Deadline to apply and $600 deposit due: October 1, 2017
For more information, contact the International Education Office, firstname.lastname@example.org.