Beginning in the fall of 2017, all new and transfer students are required to complete an online course entitled DiversityEdu. The purpose of this course is as follows:
- DiversityEdu is being launched as a tool to begin the conversation around DIVERSITY and creating an INCLUSIVE community at Roanoke College.
- DiversityEdu is an online course that delivers students personal skills for engaging with diversity and growing inclusive campus culture.
- DiversityEdu is a training module designed to help students entering Roanoke College embrace differences and recognize shared experiences as they enter our campus community.
- DiversityEdu will assist you in getting the most out of your campus experience at Roanoke College and in any diverse community where you choose to live, learn, and work.
- DiversityEdu will be used to enhance our philosophy of "A Liberal Arts Education" at Roanoke College; developing the "whole person" who will then be prepared to live and work in a global society.