What courses do I need?
- Biochemistry BS
- Biochemistry BA
- Chemistry BS
- Chemistry BA
- Chemistry minor
- Medicinal Chemistry Concentration (FAQ)
Where can I find course descriptions and other details?
How do I get my degree certified?
Students completing the Biochemistry BS with an acceptable score on the ASBMB exit exam (given upon completion of Chem 342) have their degrees certified by the American Society of Biochemists and Molecular Biologists (ASBMB).
Students completing the requirements of a Chemistry BS have their degrees certified by the American Chemical Society (ACS).
Students completing a Biochemistry BS can have their degrees certified by the ACS also, with the addition of three more courses. Contact the department chair (Dr. Sarisky) for details.
Which courses will be offered which semesters?
- Year-long course sequences with CHEM prefixes (111-112, 117-118, 221-222, 331-332, 341-342) start in the Fall only.
- Chem 221-222 (Organic) is also offered each summer term
- Instrumental methods (350) is Fall only
- Chem 255 is offered each Spring
- Chem 260 is offered in Spring '18
- Chem 270 is offered in Spring (Spring '19 is not yet determined.)
- Chem 340 is offered in Spring '19
- Chem 420 is offered in Spring '18
- Chem 460 is offered in Spring '19
Where can I find more information about the new Medicinal Chemistry concentration?
See the FAQ or Dr. Sarisky.