The Roanoke College Chemistry Department encourages students to pursue educational experiences off campus, working in various area industries. Past internships have included work in a hospital clinical laboratory, an environmental analysis laboratory, a crime lab, a cosmetics quality control laboratory, to name a few. Arrangements vary with each individual internship. In most cases, a student expresses an interest, and the Roanoke College Chemistry faculty work with the student and local contacts to arrange an appropriate internship experience.
Recent Internships Include:
- Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
- Elizabeth Arden (a cosmetics manufacturer)
- Head Start
- Innotech, Inc.
- Johns Hopkins University (a summer science program for children)
- Merck Laboratories
- ProChem (an environmental analysis firm)
- Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- Western Regional Forensic Laboratory (crime lab)
For more information, please contact Dr. Sarisky.