Services for Students
- The IT Help Desk offers phone-in and drop-off computer support from 8 am to 5 pm, Monday - Friday (540) 375-2225, Trexler 369). Submit a ticket online anytime at support.roanoke.edu (when prompted, log in using your Roanoke username and password).
- Network e-mail and calendar, storage
- Help setting up e-mail on your computer - Windows or Mac
- InsideRoanoke - Provides access to Inquire, Self-Service, and your Maroon Card, as well as a link to Microsoft 365 e-mail web access
- Inquire courses, organizations and clubs, online storage space and portfolios
- Wireless high-speed networking and internet connections throughout academic buildings
- For legal downloading sources - EDUCAUSE
Physical and Virtual Computer Labs
- Computer labs with free printing for up to $50 per academic year
- Remote access to lab computers through the Roanoke College Remote Computing software
- Educational Technology Resource Center for video production and other services
No-Cost and Discounted Software and Hardware Available to Students
- No-cost downloads of Microsoft Office Professional for PC or Mac and Mathematica
- Pre-configured computer systems
- Black & white and color printing, copying and scanning services in Fintel Library and the Print Shop; black & white and color printing also available in all Labs on campus
- Print by email using firstname.lastname@example.org and release in any lab.
- Large format, banner and mass printing are available in the Print Shop.
Phone & Cable TV Services
- Residence hall in-room cable TV and wireless network
- Help setting up Showtime Anytime via web or application
Note: This is only available for students who are living in campus housing