Social Media Commenting Policy
The official Roanoke College social media outlets are where students, prospects, parents, alumni and others can learn about some of the great things happening at the College.
We encourage people to post, comment and interact with others, and expect that remarks will be on-topic and respectful of the rights and opinions of others. Please note that these are moderated online discussions and not a public forum.
Terms & Conditions
By posting a comment or material of any kind on a Roanoke College sponsored site or sending a direct message to college accounts, the user hereby agrees to the terms and conditions set forth below. Before commenting or including content, you agree to not:
- Post, share or promote material that is racist, sexist, abusive, profane, hateful, violent, obscene or pornographic
- Post, share or promote anything that advocates illegal activity
- Post, share or promote material that infringes on copyright
- Post, share or promote phone numbers, email addresses or anything else for students or others that would violate their privacy
- Post, share or promote material that contains falsehoods
- Post, share or promote material that contains defamatory statements about any individual or personal attacks of any kind
- Post, share or promote material that incites or threatens any individual
- Post, share or promote material that is off-topic (not relating to Roanoke College or its constituents)
- Post, share or promote material selling products; promoting commercial, political or other ventures; or trying to fundraise for business or personal use
- Post material using an impersonated or anonymous profile. Post multiple items or duplicate information (from any one person or multiple people)
- All content and posts are also bound by the Terms and Community Guidelines for each service:
Roanoke College reserves the right to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that violate these Terms and Conditions
- Remove any communications posted regardless of whether such communications violate these standards
- Ban future posts from people or block people who violate these Terms and Conditions
- Remove capability from the public to post or comment on Roanoke College's official sites
Posted comments and images do not necessarily represent the views of Roanoke College.
If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or about the content posted on one of our social media sites, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If we learn that a post includes a concern or complaint about a Roanoke College student or employee, we may contact you directly to discuss or provide you with information on who to contact or where to go for assistance.