From brand ambassador to web architect: 25 interesting careers for Business Administration majors
Studying Business Administration at Roanoke College will give you a deep understanding of all of the functional aspects of business and nonprofit management, including accounting, finance, HR, IT and marketing. Find one you excel at and pair it with a personal interest, such as the environment, health, sports or travel, and you’ll be on your way to a career that you’ll love.
These are just few of the jobs open to you when you study Business Administration. While some are available to those with a Bachelors’ degree, others may require advanced degrees.
- Brand Ambassador: Win the hearts and minds of customers by presenting your company’s brands in the best possible light.
- Business Development Manager: Fuel your venture’s growth by identifying, nurturing and closing new accounts.
- Computer Network Architect: Optimize your company’s use of technology by designing and building an advanced IT platform.
- Compliance Officer: Forge good relationships with host nations by assuring your company is in compliance with all of their regulations.
- Consumer Behavior Specialist: Attract new customers by uncovering the roots of their shopping behavior.
- Cybersecurity Manager: Protect your customer’s financial data by staying two steps ahead of hackers.
- Data Ethnographers: Tailor your company’s brand to the needs of different cultures by analyzing their preferences and market behavior.
- Digital Marketing Strategist: Exceed your company’s marketing objectives through the use of best practices in digital and social marketing.
- Diversity Manager: Build a vibrant and welcoming corporate culture by promoting inclusive practices in hiring, training and teamwork.
- E-Commerce Buyer: Tap the growing trend towards virtual shopping by selecting and merchandizing products that will sell well in an online environment.
- Entertainment Accountant: Provide a strong financial foundation for creative teams to develop and launch new movies, plays, TV shows and concerts.
- Event Planner: Get people excited about your organization by planning and executing successful meetings, parties and trade shows.
- FBI Forensic Accountant: Help the FBI solve and prosecute cases by analyzing the finances of suspected perpetrators.
- Foundation Program Officer: Make the world a better place by researching proposals and awarding grants to worthy nonprofit organizations.
- Futurist: Prepare your organization for changes to come by analyzing economic, social, political and environmental trends.
- Global Supply Chain Manager: Maximize production efficiency by identifying and securing materials from the best sources around the world.
- Hospitality Manager: Delight your guests by assuring everything about their stay—the staff, facility and amenities—are welcoming and enjoyable.
- International Economist: Steer your organization through the ever-changing waters of global financial markets, currency exchange rates and tariff policies.
- Nonprofit Fundraiser: Help your organization achieve its mission by securing the financial resources it needs to grow and thrive.
- Property Manager: Optimize profits for real estate investors by marketing rentals, maintaining buildings to high standards and troubleshooting problems that arise.
- Socially Responsible Fund Manager: Build wealth and do good at the same time by managing a portfolio of stocks in firms that help the environment, promote social justice and treat employees well.
- Social Welfare Administrator: Care for those in need by setting and implementing policies that help people cope with problems such as unemployment, substance abuse, inadequate housing, and spousal and child abuse.
- Sports Team Accountant: Field a winning sports team by assuring it has the financial strength needed to hire the best players and managers.
- Sustainability Manager: Assure your company does its part to improve the health of the planet by setting and meeting environmental goals.
- Web Architect: Showcase your organization and its products and services by designing and developing visually engaging, user-friendly websites.