Why should you consider Early Decision?
- The acceptance rate is higher for Early Decision candidates than for candidates who apply Early Action or Regular Decision.
- Financial Aid packages are strong for Early Decision applicants.
- Since housing and course registration occur in order of deposit date, Early Decision candidates are in the best position to have first choice!
Applying ED means you are eager to attend Roanoke College and are certain Roanoke is the right school for you.
If you wish to apply as an Early Decision candidate, please submit the following:
- Your ED admission application and a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (if you plan to file) by November 15.
- Complete the Early Decision Agreement.
- ACT/SAT scores (or let us know if you plan to apply test optional) and official high school transcript no later than December 2.
Students accepted to Roanoke under the Early Decision Program agree to withdraw all applications to other colleges and universities, and agree to deposit within two weeks of receiving a financial aid award, (or two weeks from acceptance, if do not plan to apply for aid).
The Early Decision option is an exciting opportunity to finalize your college search. If Roanoke is your first choice, we look forward to hearing from you soon. Have questions? Contact the Office of Admissions, firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-388-2276, and one of our counselors will be happy to help you.