This event is free and open to the public!
Roanoke College RCROBOTS and Salem High School Spartan Robotics co-host 36 FTC robotics teams in Bast Center.
With FIRST Tech Challenge, middle and high school student teams design, build, and program robots to meet a complex engineering challenge, then compete head-to-head against other teams in a high-tech sporting event. With the guidance of adult coaches and mentors, teams build their robots and develop a playing strategy, which includes forming alliances with other teams. Teams earn awards for robot design, creativity, documentation, community outreach, “gracious professionalism” and competition on the field.
- Design, build, and program working robots based on sound engineering principles
- Apply real-world math and science concepts
- Develop problem-solving, organizational, and team-building skills
- Compete and cooperate in alliances and tournaments
- May earn a place in the State and World Championships
- Can qualify for over $50 million in college scholarships
Roanoke College RCROBOTS and Salem High School Spartan Robotics co-host 36 FTC robotics teams in Bast Center.Bast Gym Cathy Sarisky, email@example.com false MM/DD/YYYY