The Next Generation of Maroon Alumni Leaders
Young Associates is a group of Roanoke’s most recent graduates who understand the importance of investing in Roanoke College. The Young Associates program offers Roanoke grads from the past decade membership into the Associates Society through a more accessible tiered giving structure.
How Your Gift Helps
For over 50 years, the College’s most generous alumni, parents and friends have made a lasting impact through their generosity and partnership with the Associates Society. The commitment and generosity of Associates Society members has positioned the College for great success and continues to make a significant impact in the lives of our students.
Collectively, Associates Society members provide scholarship funds, faculty and departmental support, athletic funding, and essential operating funds that enable the College to offer a high-quality experience for all students.
Benefits of the Associates Society
Young Associates receive all benefits of the full Associates Society:
- Roanoke College Associates lapel pin for all new members
- Exclusive quarterly updates, stories, or lock-screen from campus
- Access to Associates-only newsletter
- Reserved seating at Roanoke College public lectures and other events
- Invitation to receptions prior to Roanoke College special lectures and other events
- Discount at Roanoke College store, on campus or online (10%)
- Special Associates Society Event during Alumni Weekend
Why I Give
“My years at Roanoke College shaped me into the individual that I am today, while fine tuning the skills that I needed as I entered the workforce. My ability to support the school is ensuring that students have the ability to thrive. I want to ensure that others get the experience that Roanoke provided to me, and supporting the College as an alumna is a way that I can guarantee that.”
–Shawna Poole, Class of 2010
“Roanoke College gave me a chance to make myself into the person I am today, and prepared me to succeed in graduate school and my career! Giving back allows the next students to have some of the same opportunities I had, and allows me to support one of the places I most love!"
–Ben Cowgill, Class of 2017
How to Join the Young Associates Society
Alumni between the classes of 2013 and 2022 can become members of the Young Associates program in one of two ways:
- Alumni 0-4 years out (Classes 2018-2022) require a minimum donation of $250
- Alumni 5-9 years out (Classes 2013-2017) require a minimum donation of $500
Want to join Young Associates but feeling overwhelmed?
Sign up for MaroonsMonthly! You can set your amount and pay in monthly or quarterly installments with automatic deductions from your credit card or bank account. If you have any gift related questions, please contact Erin Reid email@example.com or 540-375-2234.