Register for Maroon Mentors (formerly Alumni or Family Network)
The following are ways that you can help with the career development of our Roanoke College students and recent graduates. Register now for Maroon Mentors (formerly Alumni or Family Network)
- Campus recruitment - Your company is invited to participate in on-campus recruitment of RC seniors. The Director of Career Services will call to arrange a schedule for interviews.
- Resume review - If you wish to consider hiring RC seniors, you may contact the Director of Career Services, furnish a description of the position, and receive resumes of students qualified for the position.
- Corporate interviews - You may arrange to interview students at your office by contacting the Director of Career Services.
- Recruitment development - The Career Services office invites you to refer prospective employers to this office to arrange on-campus recruitment or to list vacancies with the office. Likewise, you may share with the Director of Career Services the names of company representatives who may be approached about recruitment.
- Vacancy listings - You may list vacancies at your organization, both part-time and full-time, with the Career Services office. We make this information available to RC students and alumni. Information may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to post, OR alumni and employers may now post their jobs and internships at no cost by registering with our new online MaroonNet! Visit https://employer.gradleaders.com/Roanoke/Employers/Login.aspx?jprid=4504 to register, and then post away!
- Career Nights - The Career Development committees of the various alumni chapters sponsor career events in their respective locations. You are invited to participate in these events as a speaker, panelist, interviewer, or other role as needed.
- Career advisors - You may agree to talk with students needing career advice in your field. This will be arranged by the student at your convenience.
- Career presentations - There are various occasions when alumni are needed to present lectures or participate in panels on campus or at student gatherings with the alumni chapters.
- Mock job interviews - We are encouraging RC students to complete practice interviews before beginning the real process. You would be available by appointment to conduct simulated interviews in your office for the purpose of providing the student experience and feedback.
- Internships - You sponsor RC students in your company as interns. The students receive academic credit for such experience and are expected to complete specified projects at your request. You may request interns for certain times only or be open to them on a continuous basis.
- Externships - Also known as "job shadowing." You may choose to allow RC students to spend a short time (one day, one week) observing you or someone else in your company on the job. This experience provides the student the opportunity to learn firsthand what a specific job is like.
- Summer Employment - If your company hires students for the summer, or if you will allow them to work on a volunteer basis for the experience, you may list such opportunities with the Career Services office.
- Spouse participation - Your spouse may become involved in any of the activities mentioned by simply completing a copy of this form and submitting it to the Director of Career Services.