Engineering Program Student Outcomes
The Engineering Science program produces graduates who will
- Possess the skills and knowledge, drawn from the engineering curriculum and Roanoke's liberal arts education, to excel in their careers
- Assume responsible lives of learning, service, and leadership in their communities
- Understand how their professional choices support their broader personal purpose
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Engineering Science program, students will be able to
- Solve engineering problems through application of principles from mathematics, physics, and other sciences
- Model, analyze, and communicate the analysis of engineering systems using theoretical and applied engineering principles.
- Design and develop a project in a collaborative team setting using best practices, budget constraints, and innovative design solutions.
- Evaluate project designs by conducting specification requirement tests, generating qualitative and quantitative data, and analyzing such data.