The Copenhaver Institute
|Catlin Tucker||Allison Zmuda|
Reimagining Student-Centered Learning
June 26 – 28, 2023
This year’s institute will be held in person on the Roanoke College campus.
Thank you for your interest in the Copenhaver Institute.
Our 2022 institute is now full and registrations have closed.
We will post information in the fall about our 2023 event.
Featuring texts by two of our speakers:
Toward the goal of reimagining student-centered learning, MSCI will focus on:
- Building a dynamic learning community
- Fostering student empowerment and agency
- Unpacking standards in ways that promote meaningful student engagement
- Empowering teachers as instructional designers
- Varying modalities to enrich student learning
- Leveraging technology to enhance rather than replace in-person instruction
The Margaret Sue Copenhaver Institute for Teaching and Learning provides quality professional development opportunities for PreK-12 teachers and administrators and for Roanoke College students. The Institute's emphases include:
- Consideration of cutting-edge perspectives relevant to the teaching profession;
- Determination of personal and practical ways to engage students as lifelong learners; and
- Examination of a variety of multimedia and instructional technology strategies and tools for enhancing students' growth as learners.
The Institute gives PreK-12 teachers the opportunity to develop and practice strategies for effective instruction in cooperation with the nation's leading educational scholars.