Maps & Parking
Roanoke College is located right off of Interstate 81. If you are driving to Roanoke from outside the region, follow these directions:
- Take exit 140. Turn right off of the exit on Thompson Memorial Drive (Route 311).
- Drive approximately one mile and then turn right on Peery Drive.
- To find your destination on campus, see the campus map.
If you are visiting the Admissions Office, please use this end point.
Visitors may park in any green lots and are asked to obtain a guest parking permit through Campus Safety. For Admissions visitors only, parking is available directly in front of Roselawn, the Admissions and Financial Aid Office. View interactive parking map or printable visitors parking map or printable students parking map.
The nearest airport, Roanoke Blacksburg Regional Airport (ROA), is served by several major domestic airlines and is only 15 minutes from campus. Roanoke College is located six miles from the airport, and transportation to the College is available through limousine service, taxi or by rental car.
Directions from the airport to campus:
- Turn right as you exit the airport.
- Take Hershberger Road (Route 101 West) to I-581 North.
- From I-581 North, exit onto I-81 South. (left-hand exit)
- From I-81 South, take the second exit (Exit 140). Turn right off exit on Thompson Memorial Drive.
- Drive approximately 1 mile and then turn right on Peery Drive. To find your destination on campus or to find parking, see our campus map.
An Amtrak station is located in downtown Roanoke, which is about 10 minutes from campus. Roanoke is on the Northeast Regional Amtrak line. Students can get a cab to downtown Roanoke. The College gives students free cab vouchers on the weekends, which can be picked up at the Colket Info Desk. Also, Uber and Lyft operate in Roanoke.
The Roanoke Valley is serviced by Greyhound Bus Lines, which is located in downtown Roanoke, a 15-minute drive the College. Call toll-free 1-800-231-2222 for information.