COVID-19 Plans and Information
Current COVID-19 cases on campus: 0
(There was one positive case in April for an off-campus student.)
Statement from President Maxey in support of Roanoke's international students as they face regulation obstacles in their return to Roanoke.
CARES Act Information
Roanoke College has recently received $888,800 from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, for the purpose of providing Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. The College will distribute the $888,800 to 1,755 students who were enrolled full time with the College at the time of the disruption. More information can be found in this letter.
Everyday preventive actions to avoid the spread of all viruses
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
National & State
- CDC: 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- U.S. Department of State: Coronavirus
- Virginia Department of Health: Coronavirus
- Johns Hopkins Tracking Map
- City of Salem COVID-19
- State Council of Higher Education in Virginia COVID-19