Direct Lending at Roanoke College
Roanoke College participates in the William D. Ford Federal Direct Lending program. Under this program, students and their parents borrow directly from the federal government. The lender is the U.S. Department of Education, funded by the U.S. Treasury.
Offerings and benefits of participation in the Direct Lending program include:
- Student do not select a lending institution
- The program eliminates the complexity of using multiple-lender systems
- Federal Direct loans will never be sold
- Borrowers can consolidate FFELP loans with their Direct Loans at repayment
- Students will have greater loan forgiveness programs from which to participate
In order to borrow through the Federal Direct Loan Program, students still must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit all requested documentation to the Financial Aid Office. Please visit the financial aid forms link to review the steps you must take to secure your Federal Direct Loan (Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized) and/or your Federal Direct PLUS loans.