Need-based Aid (Step 3 of 4)
For all students planning to enroll at Roanoke, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available on October 1 and is based upon prior, prior year tax information. All applicants should complete this form within two weeks of their application to Roanoke College for maximum award consideration. Students applying early decision MUST complete the FAFSA no later than November 15. For all other applicants, the FAFSA should be completed as soon as possible after October 1 but no later than March 1.
International applicants should complete the international student financial aid application.
Complete the FAFSA
You must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), each year to be eligible for federal funds. Eligible students may benefit from programs such as:
- Roanoke College Supplemental Grant program: up to $12,000
- Federal Pell Grant: $639 to $6,345
- Federal Supplemental Opportunity Grant (SEOG): up to $800
- Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant Program: $4,000 estimated
- Federal Work-Study Program: $1,500 (average)
- Subsidized or Unsubsidized Loans:
Freshman $3,500 + Additional $2,000 Unsubsidized Loan Funds
Sophomore $4,500 + Additional $2,000 Unsubsidized Loan Funds
Junior/Senior $5,500 + Additional $2,000 Unsubsidized Loan Funds