The Eco House
- To provide an intentional community where students can discuss and put into practice ideas about environmental justice, resilience, and living a more sustainable lifestyle
- To encourage and facilitate discussion of complex environmental issues and promote greater environmental awareness on campus
- To engage the campus and broader community in an on-going dialogue about environmental sustainability, resilience, and environmental justice through personal example, projects, and events
- To serve as a testing ground for potential campus-wide sustainability initiatives relevant to residence life
More about the Eco House:
- Openness: To discussing and practicing sustainability and environmental justice
- Respect: The ideas of others and the environment
- Responsibility: so the individual accepts obligations to the community and is held accountable for individual actions
- Caring: to ensure the individual's well-being is supported, and that community engagement is encouraged
- Involvement: so the individuals have a voice in decisions concerning their community
- Ownership: to ensure all individuals care for their facilities and adjacent property
- Celebration: so Roanoke College history and culture is promoted and traditions are shared.
Open to all students.
Dan Cohen, Energy Specialist