Parents, Friends, & Family
As Roanoke College students seek their purpose and develop a plan for their careers and their lives, we know that families and friends play a crucial role. We welcome our Roanoke College families to contact us with questions. We also invite you to participate in our programming, because there are many ways that you can become involved with the College.
A Parents’ Guide to Student Professional Development
- The Most valuable things that parents can do to help their students with professional/career planning are:
- Be open to changing ideas
- Help your student find information
- Encourage your child to visit us in-in person or virtually! We offer a wide range of services that can help your student. Click here to learn more about our services.
- To learn more about ways that you can help your student with their career planning, read this article.
Volunteer to Help
Family and friends can make a big impact on the lives of Roanoke students and recent graduates, and you can make a difference in a wide variety of ways. We invite you to register for our Maroon Mentors network so that you can help our Maroons.
Here are just a few ways that you can help:
- Serve as a career mentor – You can talk with a current student and provide career advice about your field. The student will work with you to find a time that fits into your schedule.
- Provide internships – You may want to sponsor Roanoke students as interns at your organization. We can work with you to find a time frame that fits for your company.
- Campus recruitment - Your company can recruit our Roanoke seniors directly. We will work with you to arrange a schedule for interviews.
- Listing job opportunities – You may list job openings, both full-time and part-time, with our Office. This information will be available for current students and alumni. Our system is powered by Handshake, and you can click here for the Handshake page. You may join and post opportunities for students and our alumni.