Academic Program Assessment Committee
The Academic Program Assessment Committee (APAC) reviews and monitors the quality of academic program assessment. The charge of the Committee is specified in section 188.8.131.52.7 in the Faculty Handbook.
- Conduct annual reviews of the assessment plans of all academic programs.
- Recommend changes for the improvement of these assessment plans.
- Assist academic programs in the ongoing development of effective assessment plans.
- Monitor findings of assessment plans to ensure their use to improve academic programs.
- Maintain awareness of assessment best practices.
- Report to the faculty as needed, and provide a written annual report.
Using the Assessment Plan Rubric and Feedback Form for Academic Programs the committee evaluates assessment report elements as well as the program-level mission statement to ensure the mission of the program is connected to the College mission. Assessment is monitored to ensure programs are using assessment findings to improve the program. Programs are instructed to use the feedback for changes to the assessment program.
Administrative Assessment Committee
The Administrative Assessment Committee reviews and monitors the quality of assessment in the academic support and administrative support units. The charge of the committee is specified below:
- Advise the Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment on unit-related assessment matters;
- Monitor assessment plans and annual assessment activities of administrative and educational support units and make recommendations for improvements;
- Assist in evaluating new assessment mechanisms;
- Assist (as possible) administrative and education support units in conducting assessment activities;
- Report to the vice presidents as needed, and to provide a written annual report.
Using the Assessment Plan Rubric and Feedback Form for Administrative Units, the committee evaluates assessment report elements as well as unit mission statements to ensure the mission of the unit is connected to the College mission. Assessment is monitored to ensure findings are used to improve the work of the unit. Units are instructed to use the feedback for changes to the assessment program.