1. Students must have completed at least three years, or the equivalent, of college Spanish, including at least three semester hours of a third-year course in Hispanic literature or civilization and culture (equivalent to one unit at Roanoke College). Those students enrolled in the second semester of third-year Spanish are eligible for membership if the instructor of the class will certify that their work is of "B" quality or better.
2. Their grades in all Spanish courses must average 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
3. They must rank in the upper 35% of their class (sophomore, junior, or senior).
4. They must have completed at least three semesters or five quarters of the college courses.
5. They must show interest in things Hispanic and be of good moral character.
Activities: Members of Sigma Delta Pi organize and participate in activities that promote Spanish language and culture. Sigma Delta Pi offers a number of scholarships for summer study in Spain and Latin America.
History: The Kappa Eta chapter was founded April 21, 1973.