- Ph.D., Virginia Tech - 2009
- MS.S., Virignia Tech - 2005
- B.S., James Madison University - 2003
Research & Teaching Interests
- Parameter estimation and the design of experiments
- Modeling Sports analytics Statistics education
- · A. F. Childers, D. G. Taylor. Making Data Collection and Analysis Fun, Fast, and Flexible with Classroom Stats. PRIMUS, 2020 A. A. F. Childers. Using Facebook Data to Turn Introductory Statistics Students into Consultants. PRIMUS, 2017. J.A. Burns, A.F. Childers. An Inverse Method for Bounded Error Parameter Identification. Journal of Inverse and Ill-Posed Problems. To appear 2011 J.A. Burns, A.F. Childers. Bounded Error Parameter Identification for Models Described by Ordering Differential Equations. Preceedings to the 17th Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation, 2009.
- Cycling, running and gardening