- M.S. in Library Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Information and Library Science, Chapel Hill, NC
- B.A. in Spanish, College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA
Professional Associations & Boards
- Since July 2018, Ms. McClenney has served on the William & Mary Libraries Board of Directors. She is now chair of the Board. In addition, Ms. McClenney is also a member of the American Library Association and the Association of College and Research Libraries and several of its sections. Ms. McClenney also serves on the Reveal Digital Executive Committee.
- From July 2020 – June 2023, Ms. McClenney chaired the Virginia Independent Colleges & Universities Library Association. She served as a member of VIVA’s Steering and the Library Advisory Committee - State Council of Higher Education for Virginia. Ms. McClenney also chaired the VIVA Resource Sharing Committee from July 2021-June 2022.
- In 2019, Ms. McClenney became a delegate to the Americas Regional Council of the OCLC Global Council. The OCLC Global Council serves more than 15,000 member libraries.
- From 2013-2019, Ms. McClenney served on the LYRASIS Board of Trustees, a non-profit member organization for archives, libraries, museums and knowledge communities. She was chair of the LYRASIS Board of Trustees from 2016-2018.