Student Health Services
RC Student Health Services
Address: 211 High Street, Salem, Virginia 24153.
Hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday
All currently enrolled full-time students are eligible for our confidential services, which include:
- Evaluation and treatment of most medical conditions and minor injuries
- Primary care services for members of the campus LGBTQ+ population
- Reproductive/Sexual Health - includes birth control and Plan B
- Lab testing- includes strep, influenza, mono, pregnancy, STI, and urine testing
- Allergy injections and immunizations
- Wellness resources, including apps for relaxation, nutrition, diet, and exercise
- Consultation for psychological and stress issues
- Referrals to community health care providers
- Health education
- Wound care
There is no charge for routine visits. However, in-house lab testing, special exams, physicals, allergy injections and immunizations or other injections incur charges payable by cash, check, maroon money or most major credit cards.
Information regarding lab testing and fees can be found here.
Appointments can be made via the student health portal at https://roanoke.studenthealthportal.com and using your RC username and password to log in or by calling the office at 540-375-2286.
The web portal also allows students to:
- Schedule, change or cancel appointments
- Securely message their provider
- Complete forms prior to an appointment
- Review lab results
- Upload and update health forms
Students should carry a copy of current insurance information, including prescription cards to all healthcare provider visits. International students are required to have health insurance coverage and will automatically be enrolled in HTHworldwide health plan. See international student insurance requirement letter for more information.
Local pharmacies are conveniently located along Main Street:
- Brooks Byrd 540-389-8111
- CVS 540-387-4567
- Walgreens 540-387-2901
- Wal-Mart 540-375-2624
- Kroger 540-387-2481
Questions? Click here for some frequently asked questions or call us at 540-375-2286