Holds on Accounts
Prior to check-in for the semester or registration time during preREG, students should check their account to make sure they are cleared for proceeding. Balances of $200 or more create a hold and blocks student from registration or finalizing check-in. Here are some examples that might create a hold on your account.
- Financial obligations to the college
- Outstanding library fines or lost books
- Failure to declare a major or incomplete record with Registrar's Office
- Health Services lacking medical information
- Business Office may require student's signature on a prom note or endorsement of scholarship check
Students can check this information to see what holds are listed and where they will need to go for clearance. Students with financial holds are not eligible for registration for future terms and are also prevented from obtaining records such as transcripts.
We encourage students to check on their status prior to important deadlines for pre-registration, room selection, check-in and graduation so they can handle any problems early.