Counseling is provided through Student Health & Counseling Services. Counseling Services is temporarily relocating to 220 Bast for the 2020-2021 academic year, due to COVID-19. Health Services is still located at 211 High Street.
All currently enrolled students are eligible for our services, which include:
- Counseling for individuals and couples. Our goal is to provide short-term services. Students needing long-term care may be referred off campus.
- Counseling can be for personal development reasons or for treatment of diagnosed mental health conditions.
- Group counseling on topics such as: Stress Management, Anxiety, Self-Esteem, and/or Body Image Challenges, LGBTQ+ support ( RC D.R.I.V.E.), Learning to Love Your Selfie, Emotional Intelligence (learning about and managing emotions), and Healing Circle – Multicultural-Focused Student Support Group (in collaboration with the Office of Multicultural Affairs).
- Let's Talk -- Informal, short duration drop-in consultation for students new to counseling who have questions about counseling and/or have a quick question or concern.
- Consultations to family and friends as well as RC faculty/staff.
- On call coverage for campus emergencies.
- Drug/alcohol and health education- including Reality Check and Let's Be Blunt group sanctions for substance use violations on campus.
- Outreach- including presentations on Stress Management and Healthy Relationships to the campus community, and coordinating the Out of the Darkness walk for suicide prevention for both campus and off campus community members.
- Referrals for Medication Management (on or off campus as needed)
- Referrals to specialists off campus as needed
- Wellness resources, including resources for LGBTQ+ students and suggested wellness apps
All services are kept confidential. Click herefor more details.
Counseling services are FREE to students. Students may incur at $20 fee (per visit) for counseling appointments, if they do not provide notice within at least 24 business hours to cancel (non-emergency).
Please click here to initiate a request for counseling. Call 540-375-2286 with questions. It is our goal to help our students be as successful as possible in college and in life.
If you don’t think you need assistance from a licensed mental health provider at this time, check out Therapy Assistance Online (TAO) Self-Help here.