Counseling is provided through Student Health & Counseling Services, located at 211 High Street.
All currently enrolled full-time students are eligible for our services, which include:
- Personal counseling for individuals and couples. Our goal is to provide short term services. Students needing long term care may be referred off campus.
- Group counseling on topics such as: Stress Management, LGBTQ+ support and learning to Love Your Selfie.
- Let's Talk-- Informal, drop in counseling for students new to counseling who have questions about counseling and/or have a quick question or concern.
- Consultations to family and friends as well as RC faculty/staff.
- On call coverage for campus emergencies.
- Drug/alcohol and health education- including Reality Check and Let's Be Blunt group sanctions for substance use violations on campus.
- Outreach- including presentations on Stress Management and Healthy Relationships to the campus community and coordinating the Out of the Darkness walk for suicide prevention for both campus and off campus community members.
- Referrals for medication management or to off campus providers.
- Wellness resources, including resources for LGBTQ+ students and suggested wellness apps
All services are kept confidential. Click here for more details.
Counseling services are free to students. However, due to the high demand for services, students may incur at $20 no show fee for counseling appointments and $25 no show fee for appointments with the consulting psychiatrist. There are fees to see the psychiatrist.
Please click here to initiate a request for counseling. Call 540-375-2286 with questions.