MaroonCare 24/7 Telehealth for Students
MaroonCare is a new telehealth program for students through a partnership with TimelyMD. Designed to compliment the services provided by Student Health and Counseling, MaroonCare gives students 24/7 access to a dynamic medical and mental health resource. All of these online visits are provided at no cost to currently enrolled Roanoke College students. MaroonCare is active now at MaroonCare and it will be available to students through the semester break.
Maroon Care features five types of appointments:
- Medical: on-demand access to a medical provider that can treat a wide range of common illnesses like cold and flu, sinus infection, allergies and more
- TalkNow: on-demand access to a mental health professional to talk about anything at anytime
- Scheduled Counseling: scheduled options to speak with a licensed mental health provider
- Psychiatry appointments: available with a referral from a mental health or medical provider
- Health Coaching: access to a nutritional specialist to help students adopt healthier lifestyle behaviors related to sleep issues, weight management and more.
The College has experienced an increased demand for all counseling and health services and MaroonCare provides additional student-focused medical and mental health providers to serve all Roanoke College students. MaroonCare also provides access to a diverse group of therapists, which has been a need identified by many Roanoke students.
The average wait time is five minutes for medical appointments with a 10-minute average for diagnosis.
MaroonCare offers several options for mental health wellness.TalkNow is an on-demand counseling program where students can talk to a licensed physician or mental health counselor. These appointments typically are available with only a five-minute wait time and then a 30-minute average visit. Scheduled counseling appointments of 45 minutes may also be arranged for students (up to 12 per year). Psychiatry is also available with a referral from a MaroonCare counselor or a Roanoke College Student Health and Counseling Services provider.
Health Coaching is another resource provided by MaroonCare. Nutrition specialists help students adopt healthier lifestyle behaviors and address health challenges. Again, these appointments are free and open to all Roanoke College students.
Students are encouraged to set up their MaroonCare account now, so it is ready to go when you need it. Please go to MaroonCare and create an account using your Roanoke College email address.
MaroonCare’s offerings are in addition to the excellent in-person care our office of Student Health and Counseling always provides. MaroonCare is meant to supplement, not replace, our in-person resources. You can reach Student Health and Counseling at (540) 375-2286 or visit them online at roanoke.edu/health.