Wells 1 floor plan
Wells 2 floor plan
Wells 3 floor plan
Wells Hall History
Constructed as the first section of men's residence halls known as "Sections 1, 2 and 3", this structure went up in 1910. It honors Dr. Simon Carson Wells, a teacher of mathematics and natural science on the faculty from 1849 until his death in 1900 and a man who served as Secretary to the Board of Trustees for 47 years. His only absence from campus was to serve in the War Between the States. Wells now houses freshmen and upperclass students.
Additional Information about Wells Hall:
Wells is part of the Sections complex and is in the North Side neighborhood. It is technically three buildings in one. It has three front doors for each of its sections. The halls each have a large central staircase in addition to spiral staircases linking common rooms and hallways.