Explore your Options
Review the program information on this website and at the links provided.
When you are ready to move forward:
1. The first step in the study abroad process is to watch Study Abroad 101.
In this video, you will learn about the study abroad process, the program options available, the costs, and the applicability of Roanoke College financial aid.
2. Next, complete the Study Abroad Interest Form
3. Read the Study Abroad Participation Requirements
4. Meet with GEO!
Follow this link for a calendar of availability.
This meeting will help you clarify programs that meet your needs in terms of academic requirements, cultural offerings, location, language of instruction, room and board arrangements, and opportunities for getting to know people from the host culture.
5. Discuss your program and course options with your academic advisor.
You will take the information that you discussed in the aforementioned meeting to a meeting with your advisor. Your advisor will be able to help you decide which options will work best based on your individual plan of study.
6. Discuss your plans with your family.
If they have questions or concerns you cannot answer, you are welcome to refer them to the Roanoke International Office.
- Pay the $350 study-abroad fee
- Submit a COLOR copy of the identification page of your passport
- Complete the Scholarship Application and personal statement if you would like to be considered for a scholarship
For fall semester abroad:
February 1 is the deadline for applications for fall semester of the following academic year.
For spring semester abroad:
September 1 is the deadline for applications for the spring semester of the current academic year.