We're lucky to be part of such a diverse and welcoming community, and are committed to enhancing the lives of its citizens and the learning of our students. We want to connect our school and community in ways that benefit all parties. We encourage students to participate in the rich experiences the Roanoke Valley has to offer, and invite community members to participate in the life of the College through lectures, athletic events, and artistic exhibits and performances. We'd like to build on relationships offered by businesses, government agencies and nonprofits to provide our students with internships and service-learning experiences, and offer the support of our faculty, staff and students to help strengthen community organizations.
We believe the Roanoke Valley can be a laboratory for student/community learning and engagement. To that end, we are working to broaden our relationships with citizens in the Valley and strengthen partnerships with its many organizations:
- We welcome the community to our many lectures, exhibits and performances.
- We focus College resources where they can best help address local issues.
- We encourage faculty to engage students in local fieldwork and urge students to participate in service projects that will benefit the community.
- We work with local organizations to provide internships for students and employment for graduates.
- We work with local entrepreneurs to strengthen their ventures and act as mentors to student entrepreneurs.
A weekly gathering for Christian Worship that includes preaching and communion hosted by the Chaplain's Office. All are welcome to come and see. Students, Faculty and Staff and their families are welcome to join us each week of the semester. Fellowship time begins at 9:00 p.m., worship at 9:15 p.m.
Date | Time:
Wednesday, December 12, 2018
Location: Antrim Chapel
Join us for a multimedia presentation of Olivier Messiaen's stunning Quartet for the End of Time.
Date | Time:
Saturday, January 19, 2019
Location: Olin Hall Theater
Roanoke students are serving the community through local nonprofits, including:
- Samaritan Inn
- Roanoke Rescue Mission
- Micah's Backpack
- West End Center
- Head Start
- Lincoln Terrace Elementary School
- Star City Foundation
- Family Promise of Greater Roanoke
- Habitat for Humanity
- Commonwealth Catholic Charities
Thank you for offering our students internships