Campus Ministry Fellows
What's your why? Who and whose are you? As a Campus Ministry Fellow, you will work with a team of faith inspired people who strive to lead whole lives by seeking and living their why. We enthusiastically ask life's big questions and invite the campus to join us in developing spiritually. Campus Ministry Fellows are paired with Chaplain's Office staff members as we create, develop, implement and lead programs, worship services and retreats.
Training and Mentoring
In addition to working one-on-one with a Camus Ministry staff member, you will take part in training on and off campus led by both College and national experts. Training in areas of hospitality, facility development and management, worship development and leadership, communication, interfaith cooperation, program development and retreat leadership.
Campus Ministry Fellows can participate on the following teams:
Spiritual Retreat Team
• Create and develop weekend and break retreats for students, faculty and staff
• Identify retreat locations and venues
• Work with communications and event management fellows to promote and recruit for retreats
• Co-lead spiritual retreats with Chaplain and other fellows
Chapel Management Team
• Assist with overseeing the use of the Chapel
• Prepare the Chapel for worship services and events
• Work with Worship Team to create worship environments
• Regulate the use of the video, sound and lighting systems
• Assist with the care of the Paraments, Altar Vessels and Sacred Art
Campus Worship Team
• Assist the Chaplain in identifying or creating resources for campus worship services
• Prepare for worship services with the worship team leaders
• Work with the Chapel Management team on setting up and creating worship environment
• Assist in the leading of campus worship services
Communication and Event Management
• Update, design and produce brochures, posters and other printed materials
• Assist with the maintenance of the Religious Life pages on the RC Website
• Shoot photographs or video of Campus Ministry programs, worship and retreats
• Assist with the management of the Chaplain's Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages
• Assist with advertising events and retreats.
Candidates for the Campus Ministry Fellows Program have qualities that include:
• Strong interest in spirituality and asking life's big questions
• Open to working with people from different faith traditions
• Self-motivated / self-starter
• Honest, dependable and reliable
Applying to the program begins with an online application, including a letter detailing why you are interested in working as a Campus Ministry Fellow, what areas of campus ministry interests you the most, and any relevant experience, skills or qualifications you have.
If you are chosen as a finalist, you will interview with college staff and mentors during a campus visit and receive a $1,000 scholarship per year. If you are chosen as a Fellow, you will also receive an on-campus work opportunity to earn an hourly wage that could be worth up to $1,000 a semester.