Students with disabilities or special situations are encouraged to register with Accessible Education Services. Once all information is received, your request will be processed within four weeks.
Submit a confidential Disability Registration/Accommodation Request
Provide proper documentation verifying the disability. Documentation must be from an appropriate specialist, typed on letterhead, signed and dated, and contain the following:
- Credentials of evaluator;
- A diagnostic statement identifying the disability;
- A listing of diagnostic methodology used in evaluation and the results;
- A listing of current functional limitations;
- A description of the expected progress or stability of the disability.
Please see the Complete Documentation Guidelines for a thorough outline of acceptable documentation criteria.
The Assistant Director of Academic Services for Accessible Education will review requests and documentation to determine eligibility.
If the student is declared eligible:
The Assistant Director and student will meet to discuss the process for accessing accommodations.
If the student is declared not eligible:
Student can accept the decision or appeal to the Director of Academic Services. Please see the Disability Accommodation Policy for more information on appeals.