The below requirements are current as of the fall of 2019 and beyond; for previous versions, please see the appropriate edition of the academic catalog.
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
The Mathematics Department at Roanoke offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics. This degree requires the satisfactory completion of 13 units in mathematics, statistics and computer science to include:
- • Mathematics 122, 131, 201, 491,
• One of Mathematics 268, 278, or 288,
- • Two of Mathematics 311, 321, or 331 (one 300-level STAT course can count here),
- • Two of Mathematics 361, 371, or 381,
- • Statistics 210 or 220, and Computer Science 120 or 150,
- • Two additional units at or above the 200-level.
Note that Mathematics 121 is a prerequisite for MATH 122.
Minor in Mathematics
Concentration in Statistics
A concentration in statistics will require five units, including