Roanoke College Benefits Open Enrollment 2024
During the Open Enrollment period, all benefit-eligible employees must select their benefits for the 2024 plan year, including those employees who want their benefits to remain the same and those employees who waive coverage. Employees have the option to elect the same benefits, add or change benefits, waive coverage, and drop or add eligible dependents. The following benefits will be available:
All benefit elections will become effective January 1, 2024 and remain in effect during the entire plan year unless the employee experiences a qualifying event such as marriage, birth/adoption of a child, or loss of other coverage.
Please see the qualifying events summary for detailed information.
2024 Open Enrollment Dates
The 2024 Open Enrollment period will run Monday, October 23rd thru Monday November 6th.
2024 Open Enrollment Digital Magazine
The 2024 Open Enrollment Digital Magazine is a comprehensive guide for Open Enrollment! Please click the link below to view the 2024 Open Enrollment Digital Magazine!
To view your premiums for your insurance, please select the appropriate premiums that correlates with your pay class.
2024 Open Enrollment - What You Need to Know!
- Open Enrollment In Self-Service
- Open Enrollment is accessed through employee Self-Service. Once logged in, you can view your current benefit elections, level of coverage, the dependents you cover and the available benefit options for 2024.
Please see the following link for instructions:
Link to Employee Self-Service
- Open Enrollment in Self-Service is available under the benefits sections of Employee Self-Service!
- Prescription Drug - Changes to Mail Order Prescriptions
- Beginning in January all mail order prescriptions will now be filled by CarelonRx. In the past CVS would fill mail order prescriptions. All active prescriptions (with refills) should transfer seamlessly. All employees and participants will need to manually re-enter their credit card information in the Anthem system if they use mail order to fulfill their prescriptions as the credit card information will NOT automatically transfer.
- Dental - Special Needs Enhancement
- Delta Dental has introduced a new program for participants with physical, developmental, mental, sensory, behavioral, cognitive, or emotional impairment that requires medical management. Participants who meet the criteria can have additional visits to allow the member to learn what to expect during an exam, desensitization and introductory visits, up to four cleanings per calendar year, additional sensory and behavioral strategy tools, including additional time should the dental staff need it to help identify needs up front rather than at the time services are rendered.
- Flexible Spending Rollover
- Employees wishing to take advantage of the Flexible Spending rollover for healthcare MUST elect in healthcare Flexible Spending for the 2024 plan year. In prior years, the rollover would automatically occur.
- No New Insurance Cards
- For the 2024 plan year employees and participants will not be issued new insurance cards (health, dental, voluntary vision) UNLESS they have elected to change plans.
Open Enrollment Medical Plan Information
Health & Prescription Drug
Roanoke College will continue to offer three health plan options and all offered through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield with no major plan design changes.
Anthem LiveHealth Online is a virtual physician visit service offered by Anthem and cand be a more convenient and cost-effective alternative for most routine types of illnesses or injuries. LiveHealth Online medical visits cost as low as a $5 copay (depending on plan) making LiveHealth an even more affordable option.
SurgeryPlus is a supplemental benefit for non-emergent surgeries that provides access to hundreds of surgical procedures across a number of categories for a lower cost to the participant! This benefit does not replace your existing health plan. The SurgeryPlus benefit is an additional benefit for those enrolled in the Roanoke College health plan(s) 4 and HDHP 7 (currently, SurgeryPlus is not opened to plan 9 HMO).
Prescription drug coverage will continue through CarelonRx with no plan design changes.
The value based preventative drug benefits will continue to be offered for all plans. The value based preventative drug benefit offers certain preventive medications at low or no cost to the member. Preventative medications help keep you healthy because they prevent illness and other health conditions.
To learn more about the Roanoke College Health & Prescription Drug plans, please see the following helpful links or check out the Open Enrollment Digital Magazine!
Spousal Affidavit for Health Insurance
For 2024, A Spousal Affidavit will be required to be completed by every employee who covers a spouse on any of Roanoke College’s health insurance plans.
Three populations of spouses will continue to be eligible for enrollment as a dependent:
- Spouses who are not employed.
- Spouses who are employed but don't have access to coverage through their employer.
- Spouses who are employed by Roanoke College or another VPCBC member school.
To ensure coverage of qualified spouses, it is important that Affidavit’s be completed honestly and timely.
For more information about Spousal Benefits Eligibility please visit the Spousal Benefits Eligibility Page.
Dental & Voluntary Vision
The College will continue to offer two alternatives under the group dental plan with Delta Dental with no plan changes for 2024.
UniCare Vision will continue to offer voluntary vision which offers an enhanced benefit that includes both eyeglass lenses and contact lenses benefits in the same year, increased out-of-network allowances and no formulary for frames or contact lenses. There are no changes in coverage.
To see more detailed information about like what is covered for our dental and optional vision plans, please see the Open Enrollment Digital Magazine!
Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
Healthcare & Limited Purpose Flexible Spending
All flexible spending and health savings accounts will continue to be managed by HealthEquity for the 2024 plan year.
Healthcare flexible spending accounts is a pre-tax benefit account used to pay for eligible medical, dental, and vision care expenses.
The college also offers a limited purpose flexible spending account that employees can to pay for eligible dental and vision expenses should they be enrolled in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP).
Employees may contribute up to $3,050 to their healthcare/limited purpose flexible spending accounts for 2024.
The College allows employees to rollover any remaining balance up to $610 for the 2024 plan year. In order to receive the rollover of any remaining balance (up to $610), employees MUST elect in healthcare flexible spending for the 2024 plan year.
Dependent Care Flexible Spending
Dependent care flexible spending accounts is a pre-tax benefit account used to pay for eligible dependent care services, such as preschool, summer day camp, before or after school programs, and daycare.
Employees may contribute up to $5,000 to their dependent care flexible spending accounts.
If you are a current Flexible Spending participant, you must re-enroll each year through Self Service This benefit does not automatically continue each year.
Health Savings Account
The College health savings accounts associated with our HDHP plan (plan 7) will also continue to be administered by HealthEquity.
Health savings accounts (HSA) are pre-tax benefit accounts that help pay for deductibles, copayments, coinsurance, and some other expenses, you may be able to lower your overall health care costs.
For 2024, employees may contribute $4,150 for single coverage or $8,300 for family coverage. Individuals age 55 or older can also make a catch-up contribution of $1,000 anytime during the year in which you turn 55.
Roanoke College will continue to make employer sponsored Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions to employees enrolled in the college-sponsored High Deductible Health Plan 7 (PPO Plan 7). Employees enrolled in Plan 7 will receive an employer contribution of $600 for single coverage or $1,200 contribution for family coverage.
The College has several other benefits employees can enroll in at any time however due to underwriting requirements employees must enroll outside of Benefit Enrollment Online.
Term Life Insurance
Optional term life insurance for eligible employees, their spouses and dependent children is paid by the employee through payroll deduction. Premiums are determined by age and coverage amount. Medical underwriting is also required outside of the initial hire period.
Eligible employees will recieve notification for their annual optional increase option for their term life after the medical Open enrollment period has ended, please keep an eye out for an email on the optional life annual increase period communications.
For questions regarding Open Enrollment or any of our benefit offerings, please contact Human Resources at 540-375-2442, or 540-375-2455 or visit our office in College Hall.