Spousal Coverage Eligibility Information:
Effective January 1, 2021, employees’ spouses who are eligible for medical coverage through another employer may not be eligible for medical coverage in the "VPCBC" medical plan.
Spouses may only be enrolled on the health insurance plans if one of the following conditions are met:
- Your spouse is not employed (this includes retired spouses).
- Your spouse does not have access to affordable, minimum essential coverage through their employer. (Self-employed without insurance, Medicare and COBRA do not meet this definition; your spouse is eligible for coverage.)
Please Note: Spouses who work part-time in a non-benefited position and who also hold a benefits eligible position at another employer do not meet this criteria.
- Your spouse is employed at Roanoke College or another VPCBC member school.
For more information about Spousal Benefits Eligibility please visit the Spousal Benefits Eligibility Page.
LiveHealth Online is a virtual physician visit service offered by Anthem is a more convenient and cheaper alternative for more routine types of illnesses or injuries. LiveHealth Online is $10 less than your PCP copay with the exception of LiveHealth Online Psychology. . This will make using LiveHealth Online a much more affordable option.
Sign up is free too!
- Get access to board-certified doctors 24/7. It's a great option for care when your doctor isn't available. Doctors using LiveHealth Online can provide medical care for common conditions, like the flu, colds, pink eye and more. And they'll even send prescriptions to the pharmacy of your choice, if needed.
- See a licensed therapist or psychologist. If you're feeling stressed, worried or having a tough time, LiveHealth Online can help. In most cases, you can make an appointment and see a therapist or psychologist in four days or less. The cost for LiveHealth Online Psychology would reflect that of your Mental Health office visit copay.
For more information, please see the links below:
IngenioRx Prescription Coverage:
Effective January 1, 2021, the prescription drug coverage moved to IngenioRx from MedImpact.
A value based preventative drug list is offered for all health plans. This means that certain preventive medications will be covered at no cost to the member. Preventive Rx covers drugs that help keep you healthy because they prevent illness and other health conditions. The list of value based preventive medications covered is listed below.
There will be no increase to prescription drug copays for Plans 4 and 9. Employees in Plan 7 pay the full discounted Rx price until the Plan deductible is met. As previously stated the plan 4 prescription drug Out-of-Pocket maximums are changing. The Out-of-Pocket for prescription drug will be $3,350 for individual and $6,700 for family. No other prescription drug Out-of-Pocket maximums are affected.
For diabetics, a brochure explaining how to receive Ingenio’s free glucometers and test strips, is below.
The actual diabetic supplies will become available on January 1, 2021.
PLEASE NOTE: Ingenio’s preferred vendor(s) for these diabetic supplies are different than MedImpact’s
Home Delivery Pharmacy:
IngenioRx also offers a home delivery service through IngenioRx Home Delivery Pharmacy. For medications taken on a regular basis, you will have the benefit of receiving a 90-day supply delivered right to your door while being cost effective. For more information, please see the links below.
IngenioRx Customer Service (833) 389-1968